Friday, July 13, 2012

Goapele Reveals Straight Natural Hair

Goapele's new look
Soul singer Goapele has worn her signature cornrows for years, but last week she debuted a new style at the Essence Music Festival -- a mane of straight hair.

Don't worry, Goapele is still natural; she flat ironed her hair.

Though her fans have seen her mostly with cornrows and updos -- we likey! Goapele told Essence she hasn't worn her hair straight since high school and doesn't plan to return to her cornrows quite yet.

“I wanted to try something new,” Goapele told Essence Magazine ESSENCE Music Festival. “Every few years I want to try something new so I took a chance and I flat ironed it.”
I love how versatile our natural hair is, and Goapele does, too.

“I love natural hair and I am a natural hair advocate," she told Essence."It’s still a part of me even when I’m wearing straight styles.”
What do you think of Goapele's new style?


No comments:

Post a Comment