Monday, November 21, 2011

What's Wrong With Your Hair?

I'll admit it: There are some days that my natural hair is on point. And, other days, not so much.

Take the day my hair was an unintentional fro because of rain/humidity. Nothing wrong with a fro; hell, I wear one all the time. But there's nothing worse than a fro frizzball that you didn't set out to be a fro.

Later that day, a comment from my husband that my frizzed out hair did not "look becoming" of me, had me ready to take out the claws, grab the vaseline and take off my earrings, LOL. I brushed off his comments, with a my hair frizzed in the fog and an I don't care.

The next day, I put it into two cute flat twists, that I eventually took down. I thought it looked a HAM, but a transitioner gave me a compliment about my hair that lifted what I thought was a bad hair day. That didn't last. After a few hours outside, my hair was an even bigger frizzball, so much so that my daughters asked, "what's wrong with your hair?" the moment I walked in the door.

I mostly ignored them, and said nothing. Our natural hair and curls, loves them. The frizz? That ish can get back. I don't know many people who like frizz, and I know I don't. My frizz has a direct correlation to my style. Any humdity in the air and my hair instantly poofs - unless it's gelled down or flat ironed bone straight. Even if it's straight, I still have to put it into a braid for it not to revert.

I don't know why loved ones' comments about our hair get to us so much. I mean, if a stranger had told me what my family said to me, they'd have gotten told.

Are you in love with your frizz? What do you do when people make unflattering comments about your hair?

No comments:

Post a Comment