Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Will Your Hair Regimen Change in the Winter?

Source
With temperatures cooling across much of the country, the challenge for some HairNistas becomes what products and regimens to implement during winter and fall.

Many times, the regimens and products you'll use during the cooler weather will depend on where you live.

I'm originally from Detroit. Let's just say that there's no way that I would go out in the freezing cold (I'm talking about temps that easily dip -10 below zero in January/February) with wet wash and go hair. My hair would freeze AND I'd probably get pneumonia LOL!

There, the challenge is totally different -- protecting your hair from the freezing cold and from the wool beanies and wool coats that can wreak havoc on your ends.

But, since I live in Atlanta, I can wear that very same hairstyle without any problem, due to the much milder winters. Other than maybe using a thicker oil, such as castor oil, my products won't change. I pretty much always use the same leave -ins (Herbal Essence Hello Hydration) no matter the temperature. And, I'll probably continue using glycerin.

Many naturals avoid glycerin and gels during the winter, but I've never seen any reason to stop.

Not sure if my styling options will change. Still plan to wig it and I'll probably wear my hair flat ironed.

How will your regimen, styling or products change this winter?

3 comments:

  1. I love rocking my super short TWA. Usually, I just get up and wash and go. But now, I'm thinking of growing it out to a longer TWA style and playing with some protective styles. I'm also debating whether or not to grow it out so I can really get to know my texture.

    Wigs will also be a part of my styling regimen this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ayana Glazze, Wigs are definitely a great winter protective style.Plus, they keep your head warm, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops, spelled your name wrong, @AyanaGlaze.

    ReplyDelete