Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Straightening Natural Hair


So hot, had to put that hurr up in a top knot!
After months of wearing my natural hair curly, I got my curls straightened at Juanita's Hair Salon in Alpharetta.

This is the same salon where I take my girls , but it was WAY past time to get my hair straightened. My ends were a mess and needed trimming badly --- plus my hair was tangling and matting up, even from twistouts and braid outs.

My Experience
I'm always a bit apprehensive about letting someone touch my head.

I'd been to this salon about four years ago for a blow out, but the person who I had then was booked the day I went.

I sat down in the chair, hoping -- no praying -- for the best.

The Results
It turned out well. My stylist asked me a few questions, do I normally wear my hair curly (yes) and how long a blowout will last (a good four weeks with no water-based products)?  I warned her I had some damage, and my tender-headed self winced a few times, even though I detangled.

The result? Lost length in the crown and sides -- and a good trim. Next time, I won't wait as long to get my hair professionally straightened and trimmed.

I love how my hair feels, and will be incorporating a blowout every 3-4 months as a treat. I'm missing my curls already.

Do you get Dominican blowouts? What are your results?

2 comments:

  1. I have in the past, but not recently. I'm kind of dreading it... The long wait, the strangers in my hair... Sigh, eventually.

    But ur hair looks great. Do you know what caused the damage in the sides and crown?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Thanks for the compliment, @Alisha De Freitas. I'm missing my curls already, but glad for a temporary change. The front sides and crown got matted due to me not detangling enough and wearing gels, although they even got tangled during twistouts/braidouts. My crown is the thickest part of my hair.

    ReplyDelete