Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Culottes make a comeback

I love classic vintage fashion, but I'll be the first to admit that I'm picky.

I don't do gaudy -- so most of the 80s is out, LOL. But there's something about classic pieces that I just love to add to my wardrobe.

Which gets me to culottes. They're back for spring. Now, if you're a 70s or 80s baby like I am, you probably had a few pairs of these back in the day. They're a great mod choice that, when paired with a cute crop top, sandals or even a chunky heel, make the perfect statement piece.
  
I know. You might even have bad culotte memories from when they made a brief comeback in 2005-ish. The "newer" ones are a bit flowier and refined. They are not your momma's culottes.

You do have to be careful, though; trying them on is a MUST! Culottes can swallow you up if they are too big. And your top must be proportionate.

Here are a few looks I love:





No comments:

Post a Comment