Thursday, August 9, 2012

Naomi Campbell's Edges Revealed Again

Naomi Campbell with  no edges
Model Naomi Campbell photographed with no edges -- Source
Recent photos of Naomi Campbell have surfaced on MediaTakeout.com and BGLHOnline.com showing the supermodel with virtually no hairline and bald edges.

This isn't the first time that Campbell's hairline was outed. In 2010, the first pictures of Ms. Campbell's edges -- appearing to be permanently damaged by traction alopecia -- on a photo shoot surfaced and shocked many. The pictures are almost too painful to look at, reportedly the awful effects of years of weaved hairstyles while on the red carpet and gracing the covers of high fashion mags.

But two years later, it doesn't appear that Campbell's edges have grown back at all.



I don't wish hair loss on anyone, but I do wonder what price are we willing to pay for our hair? Especially when it's the hair of one of the most beautiful women in the world and a successful supermodel over 40 who, personal issues notwithstanding, still gives models decades her junior a run for their money.

I can't help but hurt for her. Money isn't an issue; lack of time, maybe. No woman wants their edges to look like Naomi's. And no hairstyle or weave is worth sacrificing your hair. Then I wonder:  Is her hair loss permanent? Has she tried things like castor oil massages or other methods for regrowing her edges?


Would you risk your hairline on a weave?





4 comments:

  1. Never!!

    Don't this chick know about turbans and swimcaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Purplgirl48, Those are good suggestions. I think Naomi is just resigned to the fact that her edges are jacked and she just doesn't care anymore. She could have even thrown on a headband ... But, I wondered, why would she get her weave wet? I've never worn one, but I thought you weren't supposed to do that? It looks like animal hair when it's wet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am unable to read articles online very often, but I’m glad I did today. This is very well written and your points are well-expressed. Please, don’t ever stop writing. Almirah

    ReplyDelete