Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Product Review: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

After trying Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie more than a year ago, I was anxious to try it again.

The last time I used it, I had OK results.


But, I was wearing a wash and go back then and this product, for me, wasn't really good for that. It did give me hella ponytails, tho, and laid my hair down like nobody's business. Fast forward a year later and I'm over wash and gos. My hair has also gotten a lot thicker, so I need something a bit heavier for slicked down ponytails.



Went to Target and got mine for $9.99. I'm so glad that I gave this product another try. Check out this YouTube product review by MxdNativeBeauty.

                                           Source: YouTube

Though I'm late to the party, it is truly a holy grail product. My heavy handed self has had to learn that less is more -- especially when it comes to this. I have this automatic tendency to scoop out a palm sized portion of any product and just smash it on my hair ---forget how much product the label suggests.

I did that and my hair had flaky buildup -- so not good. Now, I get a few tiny fingerfuls of product and I'm good. It's a super duper moisturizer and I don't have to use a lot. I use it on damp hair to define my curls. It's great as a moisturizer and styler. It's thick, rich and creamy; a little dab will do you. Made with shea butter, coconut and hibiscus, the product looks good enough to eat -- like a rich frosting, but only it's good for your hair. 

I have yet to try it on twistouts. Can't wait to try other things in the line, like the Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner. 

Have you tried Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie?

2 comments:

  1. It's a staple for me and my on year old. I use it as a moisturizer after washing my hair and putting it two strand twists. It leaves my hair soft and conditioned. I love it. And it's affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Alisha, I have to see how it works with twists. I did a braid out once with it, but I think I need gel or something stronger to use along with it because it didn't hold up at all. And you are right, it's so affordable. And lasts foreva!

    ReplyDelete