Monday, September 17, 2012

Fall Natural Hair Regimen

How are you wearing your natural hair this fall? Source
Temps are cooling down, and fall is in the air! What are you going to do with your natural hair?

For me, I'm going to up my protein game (hair needs strengthening) with some henna. Other than it being so messy, I'm not sure why I stopped using it a few years ago. Although my hair was shorter, I didn't have nearly as many tangles and breakage.

So back to the henna I go. I usually get Jamila henna from an Indian grocer for about $3.

And I'm probably going to rock flat ironed hair -- at least for the next month or so -- followed by an experiment with some Curl Formers. I last tried them last summer and it was a #fail, because of the humidity (I know, what was I thinking).

Fall is the perfect hair time -- it's cool enough to wear flat ironed hair and down styles like twist outs and braid outs without major shrinkage, but not cold enough to severely affect the health of natural hair.

What are you doing with your hair this fall? 

No comments:

Post a Comment