Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Erica Campbell of Mary Mary Responds to Criticism over Form Fitting Dress

By Tenisha Mercer
www.HairNista.Blogspot.com

Erica Campbell of Mary Mary has responded to criticism about her body hugging dress.
"I’m taking it in stride and I’m keeping it moving,” Campbell told ESSENCE.com, after plenty of online backlash.  “When we took the picture I felt beautiful, I felt confident, I felt sexy and I felt strong.”'

“I thought I looked cute,” she says jokingly, “but it obviously offended some people, which was never my intention.”

Erica Campbell wears body hugging dress



Campbell's gotten support from her family, but many in the church have criticized the outfit for being too procative. "Our whole family loved it,” said her sister Tina Campbell about the dress. “You see grace, you see beauty, you see elegance and style. It’s wholesome.”

Another wrinkle: Some have also commented about Campbell's waist-long weave.
Erica said a conversation about Christianity and sexuality needs to happen and shouldn't be ignored.

"This is about confidence and realizing that God made you and that you are beautiful just the way you are,” she said. “I think that young girls shouldn’t only get sexy images from people who are not proclaiming Jesus. But I am. And I’m cute too.”

Hairnistas, what are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment