Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Put the Scissors Down

By Tenisha Mercer
www.HairNista.Blogspot.com

 
 
I need your help, HairNistas.  I saw this style and I can't get it out of my head. I'm a sucka for a fly, short cut. I'm seriously thinking about this style, but a cut is a drastic decision. And it would require me to get a relaxer, which would be a major hair change.

I'm not one of those naturals who forever swears off relaxers. Hair is like anything else, an accessory. I may, at some point in time, get another relaxer if the mood strikes. Sure, I love my natural hair, but I also am not totally opposed to getting a relaxer, either, though natural hair suits my lifestyle better; always has.

The style isn't original. It's a trademark style of Chicago TV anchor Val Warner and a similar style is worn by Tamron Hall. It's classic, chic and edgy at the same time. Technically, it's a pixie cut with longer sideburns.

Want this style so bad. But then I think of the maintenance it would take. I tried a short style -- once -- in 2006. It was high maintenance. And the same thing with this style. Maybe I'm just bored. Maybe I just need to do something different.

Hair setback

I had a severe trim a few months ago, cutting off about 3 inches (went from armpit length to shoulder length) because of damage ends. I don't have a problem cutting my hair but I like it much better when it's my choice.

So, that's why I'm contemplating a change. Do I just stick it out, suck it up and wait for my hair to grow out? Or just make a drastic change? My mind isn't made yet.

What do you do when you want to change up your style?


No comments:

Post a Comment