Friday, July 27, 2012

The Natural Hair Journey

One of the reasons why I snap so many hair pics is that I want to document my journey. Sure, pictures are great, but there are so many times when I ask myself: How did I get that style? Or, more likely, how can I recreate it?

Because, while pics document our journey, most of the time they don't tell us what we used on our hair to recreate a particular style, try as we might.

I look at this pic and think, WTH?



Circa Spring 2010. I want these curls BACK!

My hair was shorter, the pic was Sepia toned, but look at those curls, tho! They are poppin. Super duper defined, shiny curls. Not a frizz in sight.

But I just can't seem to get my hair like this again now when I do a wash and go, even with the same products.

Our hair definitely changes over time; what worked on your TWA may not work on bra-strap length  hair and vice versa. That's what inspires much of the quest for new and different products. I get it. Now I just want THAT wash and go back!

How do you deal with the varying stages of your hair?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your hair (and you!) look amazing here. I've found that, yes, my hair does seem to change depending on the products, temperature and especially the humidity. I try not to get bent out of shape if my hair is... Out of shape, lol. I've noticed that as my hair has gotten longer, my coils aren't as light as before and while I miss it, it's a chance to do other styles. And that can be fun, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete