Monday, May 21, 2012

Curly Fro

After tangles and matts -- and lost hair again  in the crown *sniff sniff* -- here are my twist out results with Trader Joe Nourish Spa Conditioner.

Trying to decide if this will be my go-to summer style?

It's OK as long as it doesn't rain. When it does, I'll have to pull it up. The tangles really have me scurred; I just cut a few more out last night. I don't know HOW folks with locs detangle their hair. I just don't have the patience. My hair was so matted at the middle and in some cases at the ends and gnarled with hair that I couldn't get a metal pick, pin or anything else through it, so I just snipped.

From now on, I'm committed to weekly detangling sessions -- wide-toothed comb -- once a week and finger detangling throughout the week or as I'm twisting it. And, I still need a trim badly!

I'm trying to give up the gel -- the bane of my hair's existence and partially to blame for my matted hair -- as my go-to style when I don't know what else to do with my hair.





Is this style a keeper?

2 comments:

  1. Just out of curiosity, how do you detangle? Finger combing? Wide tooth comb? Sorry about the hair loss. But it looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Alisha, I had been doing finger combing mainly and a pass thru with a wide tooth comb. But, I got busy and lazy on my detangling and my hair suffered for it. The key, for me, is to detangle weekly. My crown is the thickest part of my hair and I have to detangle weekly. And not use gel!

    ReplyDelete