Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hair That Binds

Diana Ross Hair!
There are a lot of times when we get the "hair" questions -- usually from someone who isn't a person of color.

Usually, I'm cool with it, as long as it's not an offhanded put down and a genuine question. How do you learn if you don't ask? I figure that if you don't have friends with someone with hair that's different than yours, how do you really know each other's hair routines?

I was the hair whisperer the other day, when the convo drifted to my hair. My friend is Jewish. I wore a bangin' twist out and she called my hair Diana Ross hair. I'll take that as a compliment!

But ... I told her that I think Diana has a wig/weave; I like her daughter, Tracy's hair, a lot more, LOL!

She dished her hair routine -- wash every other day -- and I told her mine (co-washes, Black hair is often dryer, etc.).

Have you ever shared your hair routines with someone with hair different than yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment