Thursday, May 24, 2012

Rihanna Wears Faux Locs

Rihanna wears faux locs at American Idol finale
My girls love American Idol - - me, less so after 10+seasons  -- and besides from shock that Philip Phillips snatched the AI crown from songbird Jessica Sanchez, the other big surprise of the night was Rihanna sporting faux locs during the AI finale show.

Love them or hate them?

I like. Rihanna wore hers waist length with shaved sides and a straight (?) bang.

Locs take a lot of commitment. Though I don't typically post a lot about locs, I love them, especially Sisterlocs. There's just something that looks so regal about a loced updo. The only downside to that is the time it takes to get those long, flowing locs.

I'm too flighty for that style, though, in 10 years I may be ready. I like to change my styles often. Not saying you can't do that with locs, but the option isn't there to go from straight to locs, unless you want to remove them.

I know a few folks who have cut their locs and most of them say you just "know" when you need to start lociing and when you need to shave them off. It's a serious time commitment that I admire and don't take lightly -- which leads me to think that faux locs may be the perfect option for those looking to test the waters.

Put them in for a weekend or two as a fun style. See how you look in locs -- without making the commitment to grown them on your own head. I don't see anything wrong with them, but I don't have locs, either. Maybe if I did have locs, perhaps I would see them as more than a hairstyle, but a commitment.

Do you like faux locs?

No comments:

Post a Comment