Thursday, May 17, 2012

Policing Natural Hair At Work

I'm a huge practical joker -- can't do 'em to save my life, because I end up laughing and giving it away -- but I love, love, love shows that pull practical jokes on others.

Nephew Tommy from the Steve Harvey show -- as well as Ricky Smiley -- are two of my radio faves. Yesterday, I caught the middle of Nephew Tommy's Prank Phone Call in which Tommy pretended he was in HR and called a woman who wore a weave to tell her about the company's no-weave/natural hair policy.

I DIED!

So funny. I couldn't find it online or you know I'd post it here. But let me paraphrase it for you.

Tommy: Monday morning, I need you to take your weave out. You are expected to arrive at work without a weave, because we are going natural.

Woman: What? *!**##!! I'm not taking my weave out. I'm gonna be at be desk with my weave on.

Tommy: This is the new policy.

Woman: I paid $300 for this weave. It's a good weave. I'm not taking it out.

Tommy: Yes, you will or you will be terminated, per our natural hair policy.

Woman: *!!!@@# I'm wearing my weave!!! I'm going to be at my job, at my desk, with my weave in. How will you know it's a weave? Are you weave checking or something? I got that good weave ....

All of which got me to thinking: What if there WERE a natural hair policy at your job? Would you stay there or protest?


I couldn't find the vid online, but here's a Nephew Tommy Prank call dealing with hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment