Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Come On Girl, Let's Move Sumthin'!



Never did I think I'd see the day where Move Sumthin' dresses and skirts -- as we called those brightly colored, saran wrap style, big as a Band Aid, cling to your body style clothing made popular in the early 1990s -- would ever see the light of day again.

Somewhere, deep down, I hoped those things would die, die, and never come back!

Lawd knows I wore a move sumthin' dress -- or two back then! Flat stomach and young, perky boobs! But after one too many spottings of "move sumthin" dresses and skirts at Forever 21 and H&M in recent months and finally, at Target over the weekend, I'm sad to say that, yes, they are back in style.

What's old is, indeed, new again.



cues violin

Target -- that uber fashionable harbinger of style -- is what put me over the edge. When they something is hot? Clutch the pearls! It usually is. All of this makes me feel, really kinda old. I have no idea what they are calling them now. Maybe bandeau dresses?  Don't know and don't care. They will forever be known as move sumthin' dresses in my vocab.



Two Live Crew probably sang it best! WARNING: EXPLICIT LYRICS

Couldn't pay me to wear one now. Might wear it with a jacket -- and that's a strooooong maybe. Three kids later, stomach nowhere near as flat and boobs definitely ain't perky. When I wear fitted stuff now, it can't be skin tight, know what I mean? I'll rock a mean maxi tank dress, but that's about it.

 I'll just leave that clingy, skin-tight stuff to the young 20-year-olds.


Would you ever rock a move sumthin' dress?  Do you think it's  a good retro trend?

No comments:

Post a Comment