Sunday, February 26, 2012

Viola Davis Wears A Copper Colored Coif at the Academy Awards

Source
She did it!

Viola Davis showed the world her natural hair on the red carpet at the 84th Annual Academy Awards!

I. am. so. excited!

Some folks may not understand what the big deal is. Hell, Viola may return to her wig tomorrow, but guess what? Today, at the friggin 84th Annual Academy Awards, she stepped out in natural hair. And that's all that counts!


Source


Reportedly, she told host Ryan Seacrest that her mother did her hair -- a short natural crop died a bright copper -- a brigher shade than the natural hair she revealed last week. Her hair and emerald gown by Vera Wang are the perfect match.

Davis, 46, is coming to her own after decades of working in Hollywood -- and you can feel it.

This is what she said about her natural hair, to InStyle Magazine:

"My husband wanted me to take the wig off,” she said. He said, ‘If you want to wear it for your career, that’s fine, but in your life wear your hair. Step into who you are!’ It’s a powerful statement.”

I agree. I hope Davis wins the Best Actress award for her role in The Help. Whether she wins or not, she's already won!

3 comments:

  1. SHE LOOKS AMAZING! I LOVE THIS! (Duh, with all my caps!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, she does! Girl, making me wish I had my TWA again. Didn't have any color, but my hair was so much easier then. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks gorgeous and I couldn't be more proud of her. I haven't been on twitter for a while, but I read several nasty comments coming from women who know better and are notorious weave wearers last night. It took a lot for me to not respond to their ignorance and insecurities so I just logged off. Joy Behar asked on The View this morning is it a trend? It might be a trend for some now, but it's been a way of life for me forever.

    ReplyDelete