Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Viola Davis Rocks A TWA!


I stared at this picture over the weekend.

It was as if looking a someone I knew, but couldn't place the face.

Yesterday, I finally figured out who "she" was -- legendary actress Viola Davis, rocking a cropped TWA.

Can you say LOVE?





This looks soooo much better than Davis' normal wigs/weaves. I love the look. I think it takes years off her face. And it looks so chic. This is why I didn't recognize Davis. For years, all I've seen her is in wigs/weaves. She wore a God awful wig while on Law & Order some years back.

Who knew that she hid all that beauty hiding under wigs? She is absolutely stunning, and her short, natural coif brings out her beautiful eyes, bone structure and facial features. I hope that Davis rocks her natural on the red carpet -- a shake your finger defiance in the face of all the weaves and wigs that are synonymous with Black Hollywood.




Not knocking the hustle, and trust that I do understand what Black actresses have to go through to make it. Hair is just one other thing added on top of them trying so hard to make a living.

But in a Hollywood in which I can probably count on one hand -- two hands, the most -- the number of celebs who actually rock their hair, not to mention natural, Davis' natural hair is so much more than just hair.
Not my hair, of course, but I just hopes she contines to rock her hair -- at least for a little while.

Just goes to show ... natural hair almost always looks better than fake.

No comments:

Post a Comment