Monday, April 30, 2012

I Think I Know You?

It's not every day that you meet the owners of a hair care company with customers who have natural hair, relaxed and color treated hair. 

But that's exactly what happened to me this weekend. Hubby and I like to go to open houses on the weekends. So we were doing our normal open house thing on Sunday afternoon when we stopped by a gorgeous house, owned by an interior designer, in the Atlanta area.

First, let me say that I walked into this house with my mouth open. The house looked as if it was straight out of the pages of Architectural Digest. Nothing over-the-top or extravagant, but everything from the artwork to the chairs to tables were all extremely unique -- yet they ALL fit perfectly into this house.

I couldn't get my eyes off the home's decor, so much so that I barely paid attention to the couple touring the house before we arrived. We said hello, but I didn't really notice them until after the woman had almost turned to go out the door. She looked familiar, but I couldn't place her face. At first, I thought she was a YouTube Blogger and as she was getting ready to leave, I said, "Excuse me, are you a hair blogger?"

She smiled and said, "No, we own a hair care company, Hydratherma Naturals!"

The couple was Saleemah and Willie Cartwright, owners of Hydratherma Naturals -- hair care products that promise to give your hair a "nourishing balance of moisture and protein."


                                         
                                          Source: YouTube.com/HealthyHairJourney.com

Natural Hair Care in the Flesh
FYI: I didn't think that this would be a blog topic until AFTER I met them, so I hope she doesn't mind me posting about how we met! For full disclosure, this post was my idea; the Cartwrights didn't ask me to write it.

I was geeked beyond belief! Saleemah and her husband were so nice in person.

We chatted about hair for a few minutes (her about her company, me about starting HairNista.blogspot.com in late September, the World Natural Hair Show on Saturday in Atlanta, and  blogs we visit, such as CurlyNikki.com, LongHairCareForum.com, BGLHOnline.com and others.)

I'm sure the agent was looking at us like we were crazy, but I am all about the hair, LOL.

Hubby just looked at us in awe. Later, he asked me how I recognized her. Her picture is prominently featured on her products, that's why!

I NEVER thought I'd meet a hair care manufacturer in person. So, if you haven't checked out Saleemah's products, please go to Hydratherma Naturals. Nice to meet you Saleemah and Willie and congratulations on the success of your products!

Have you ever met a blogger, a hair care company owner or a YouTube vlogger in person?


No comments:

Post a Comment