Wednesday, April 18, 2012

When Folks Come To You For Natural Hair Advice


I've had a few recent online convos with two people who are relatively new on their natural hair journeys; one is a heat-trained natural who now wants to wear her hair curly and the other is transitioning.

It's a weird feeling, HairNistas. Don't get me wrong: I'm honored to even be asked for advice.
For years, I was the one asking questions, lurking on forums, reading natural hair sites and blogs obsessively (still do that, LOL), trying to figure out my regimen.  

Now folks are coming to ME? WHAT! WHAT! I know I blog about natural hair, but it's much different when there's a name and a face that you connect with. I'm hoping that folks read this blog, but much of what's popular on my blog aren't the posts where I try my best to impart hair knowledge  -- it's fashion, celebs with natural hair, etc.

So now I pass on websites like HairNista.blogspot.com, CurlyNikki.com, BGLHONline.com and LongHairCareForum.com --- my go-to sites for natural hair and information. Great feeling and awesome responsibility.

The natural hair world is on my shoulders, yo!

How do you feel about giving natural hair advice?





No comments:

Post a Comment