Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Daddy, Daughter Hair Moments

President Obama and a young Malia Obama with her hair in a puff. How cute!
Seems that our favorite president, President Obama, himself, has hair styling skills -- or maybe not!

During a dinner with six guests at a private dinner with the President and FLOTUS as part of the President's dinner contest, Obama told a story of when he styled Malia's hair. This is what he said, according to BGLHOnline.com :

"My favorite story out of this is Malia, when she was 4, she had a little dance thing. Well, Michelle was gone that weekend so I’m taking her to ballet. And I get her in her little leotard and her little stuff. I did her hair, put it in a little bun.
We get to the dance studio and one of the mothers there right away comes up to Malia – she thinks she’s out of earshot of me and she says, ‘Sweetie, do you want me to redo your hair?’ And Malia who she’s 4 says, ‘Yes please, this is a disaster’ you know, she didn’t want to hurt daddy’s feelings."
Too funny!

No Daddy Memories, but Hubby Memories

I don't have any daddy/daughter hair stories (my father didn't raise me) but I would always "help" my grandfather, who did raise me, comb his hair.  He never combed mine, LOL! Grandaddy was mostly bald, but had a wee bit of hair on the sides.

He'd come home from work, tired from working as a supervisor on the assembly line at Chrysler, and sit in a chair at the kitchen table. I'd grab his pocket comb from his shirt pocket and begin combing his hair as he nodded off to sleep. I had to have been a very  young child. My grandfather has been gone for almost 14 years now, but it's one of the memories that I cherish.

Now, my husband on the other hand,  has done the girls' hair a few times -- once when my oldest was 1 1/2 and I was having my youngest -- and brushed it down a few other times when the girls' ponytails were a mess and I was out of pocket. All of those times, my girls looked a HAM!

I had just had my youngest, who was born premature, and I took one look at my then toddler's hair and was like, WTH? Yup, he's been "banned" from doing their hair ever since!

What daddy, daughter hair stories can you share? Or,  does your  husband do your daughter's hair? Is he better at styling than you?

No comments:

Post a Comment