Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Product Review: Trader Joe Nourish Spa Conditioner

I have tried just about every type of cheap conditioner. Most of them just sit on top of my natural hair and do nothing. Other than using Herbal Essence Hello Hydration for detangling (it's got supa dupa slip), conditioners and I did not get along.

Until, I found Trader Joe Nourish Spa two weeks ago. For years, I've heard about Trader Joe's condish. But I never bought the stuff. It's only $2.99, but I think that deep down, I didn't think it would work well.

I've tried other cheap condishes that other naturals rave about -- AlbertoVO5 Moisture Milks, Aussie Moist, Garnier Fructis. While they were mostly great for detangling or providing a base to my wash-and-go, I didn't find many other uses.

The only conditioner my hair halfway liked was Scala -- a Dominican conditioner I used to buy at Big Lots. I think the conditioner isn't manufactured anymore and I'm really not willing to pay $5 a pop or more online for conditioner I spent only $1.29 or so for.

My Results
When I tell you that Trader Joe's Nourish Spa is the bomb.com? I keep kicking myself -- what have I been waiting for all this time? Finally, a condish that I can use for braidouts/twistouts, updos, flat twists and other protective styles.

This gives me so many styling options -- a benefit since I'm giving up wash-and-gos with gel. I desperately needed some new styling options; this provides it. Plus, it lengthens and smoothes out my hair cuticle with no shrinkage. I still can't do conditioner wash-and-gos to save my life -- (asking for too much, right?) -- but I'm just glad to find a product staple.

For $2.99, I'll never go without it.


Flat twist protective style with Trader Joe's Nourish & Spa condish

Have you tried Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner? What were your results?

No comments:

Post a Comment