Saturday, April 7, 2012

What Are Your Easter Hair Plans?

Source
It's almost Easter and, if you're like some, you've gotten your Easter outfit ready.

Now, what about your hair?

Easter is one of those ... interesting holidays, especially when it comes to hair (Didn't you know, everything has a hair connection, LOL!).

Patent Leather Shoes and Frilly Easter Dresses
For many of us, Easter holidays growing up meant getting your new Easter dress, shiny shoes and your hair was probably done in a special hair style -- straightened or at least in Shirley Temple Curls. Maybe you headed to church. No matter, Easter was the time you got sugar sharp -- and usually that meant a special hairstyle that day.

I'll be heading to church tomorrow for services, joining the CMEs (Christmas, Mother's Day and Easter crowd who normally only attend on those holidays). I'm not an every Sunday, I'm in church kind of person, but I go far more Sundays than I don't attend -- and no, I'm not counting Bedside Baptist services, LOL).

The church I go to now is more like blue jean churches -- wear your denims or dress up; your choice. Along with all the fanfare of Easter, is a lot of tradition, especially when it comes to hair. It's such a big deal in some of our churches that some folks won't even go to church if they don't have the "right" outfit or the "right" hair style. Whatevs. Don't matter if you are a CME or if you aren't suga sharp. I believe there are more blessings waiting for you in church than outside of it.

As far as hair goes, I probably won't be doing anything really different to my hair for church tomorrow. The girls will do their hair in their normal styles (I didn't get their blow-outs this week, maybe next week). I definitely did not go out and buy Easter dresses.

What about you? Are you planning a special hair style for Easter?





No comments:

Post a Comment