Monday, April 23, 2012

White Celebs Rocking Kinky Wigs

Source
I saw this picture of Cher today and I just had to wonder: Are white celebs rocking natural wigs now?

Really? Is this a trend? Hold my La Jay wig! Cause it's about to be a run on afro wigs. And the one that Cher is sporting in this photo with Chaz looks an awful lot like a La Jay wig.

I can see the story now on those entertainment shows-- Cher wears natural wig. Hollywood embraces natural wigs. You better stock up now, because they're "in" and the price just went up! Is this what black women in  Hollywood need to embrace their natural hair -- a white woman wearing a wig? I kid, but really, I'm only half kidding.

Really don't know how I feel about this; we say hair is just "hair," but that's not true all the time.

If she likes it, Meh. As long as it's not stereotypical, worn in blackface as part of a stupid Halloween costume, I *guess* I'm OK? Though I've always found it very ironic that some white folks will wear kinky wigs during Halloween and have very negative attitudes about kinky hair. But whatevs.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment