Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Straight Hair, Don't Care

By Tenisha Mercer

Threw my natural hair up in a top knot.















Got my hair straightened at the Dominican salon on Saturday. Day 4 and it's super straight.

Happy with the results but I went to a new Dominican salon. Note to self: NEVER go late evening when stylist is tired, and after she blowed out my daughters' hair. She was a bit heavy handed, and I'm not sure if I'm going to give her another chance do do my hair -- though, I may go back to the salon.

Straight Hair Pains?

Hair hasn't been straightened since July. My hair has grown but actually, my hair has thinned out a lot (thyroid issues, growing older) over the years. So much so that I was surprised to see my little thin, pathetic ponytail.

Straight hair is a good change of pace for me but my hair is SO straight --  like relaxer straight. And that's a bit different for me. My relaxed hair was NEVA this straight. Add the thinning and I do miss my volume. Thin and straight ain't necessarily the business.

But it's really part of the reason why I love natural hair -- the ability to go from curly kiny to pin straight with the flick of a brush and blowdryer. Natural hair is the ultimate in versatility.

No comments:

Post a Comment