Saturday, October 13, 2012

Natural Hair Mishaps

By Tenisha Mercer

MetaGrip Premium Roller Pins from Sally's
 
I love my natural hair, but I swear, I have my days.

I wore an updo, using my favorite heavy duty MetaGrip Premium Bobby pins from Sally's Beauty Supply. If you don't know about them, they are the best. My hair absolutely laughs at the smaller ones, and when it comes to these, less is more; you don't have to use a gaggle of pins to achieve your look.

Well, apparently I had put the pin in a bit too tight. Now, it was irritating me all day, because it was too close to my scalp. But when I finally tried to take it out, it wouldn't budge. Not even an inch.  I keep trying to make it looser. It was too close to my scalp, and I didn't want to draw blood. It was so close to my scalp that I couldn't grab it.

Exhausted, my hubby grabbed get the screw driver and lifted the Bobby pin up, enough so I could grab it. Finally, it was out. And no lost hair!

What kind of natural mishaps have you had?

No comments:

Post a Comment