Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Results of My Green Smoothie Experiment

By Tenisha Mercer
www.HairNista.Blogspot.com


Source: Simple Green Smoothies
So it's been more than a month since I've added green smoothies to my diet. And I'm happy to report that I've got more energy and have lost about 5-7 pounds. Did I do this to lose weight? No, but it's a great side effect that I'm loving!


The smoothies have changed my cravings. I've got a mean sweet tooth. But not with the smoothies. Drinking a smoothie first thing in the morning has totally changed my cravings for unhealthy foods. I don't even want them. That's the biggest shock. Pretty much, I drink green smoothies every day.  And I don't even want sugar.

My days are still packed, but I definitely have more energy. And my skin has less breakouts, especially eczema, which I usually get in the winter time. Had a nasty little dime-sized patch of eczema on my hand. Usually, I would use a bit of steroid cream. But my skin healed itself naturally.

I attribute this to all those good green veggies my body is getting.

Recipes That Works For Me

I've experimented with different fruits, but I mainly use a recipe of spinach and mixed frozen fruits paired with a banana, tangerine and apple, blended together in my Ninja. I recently experimented with a coconut water and kale mix and it definitely will take some getting used to.

That was my first time drinking coconut water (weird taste, not sure if I can drink it plain) and kale (bitter, though the fruits sweetened it up a bit).  I noticed a weird burst of energy that morning (I drank the kale smoothie in the afternoon), so I'm going to try it again tomorrow and see what happens.

Eating green smoothies has changed not only my eating habits but my shopping habits as well. My shopping cart is full of fruits and veggies to add to my smoothies. For once in my life, I actually  prefer to buy ripe bananas (they are sweeter in my smoothies) and ripe fruit isn't a problem; I just freeze it for my smoothies, and I buy what's on sale.

I'm a smoothier fo' life!


No comments:

Post a Comment