Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Pill to Keep the Gray Hairs Away?


By Tenisha Mercer
www.HairNista.Blogspot.com


gray natural hair
Gray and FIERCE!
 
As someone who started getting gray (white) hairs in my early 20s (and now has more and more random strands popping up every day) I get, no, I FEEL, the need to get rid of the gray madness. Gray/white hair? I just CANNOT.

It's a constant reminder of getting older, every time you look in the mirror. In my case, it's genetic. My mom has a halo of gray hair around her edges. And my grandmother had a head full of the white stuff. And guess what? So do I and, at nearly 40, there's nothing I can do about it, less a box of Mehendi (black) henna or a black rinse kit to cover it up.

But now comes news that, like everything else in our society, there's a pill for that, too. Go Away Gray is a pill that promises to get rid of gray hair, made by Rise-N-Shine LLC.


The Little Gray Pill

Reportedly, the pill works using a secret ingredient -- Catalase -- that counteracts with the body's natural production of hydrogen peroxide. The body's production of hydrogen peroxide is what bleaches or grays the hair before it grows from your scalp; Catalyse purportedly breaks the hydrogen peroxide down.

But as we get older, our bodies stop producing Catalase, so that's why all the gray hairs sprout. That's where Go Away Gray comes in. It puts Catalase back in the body to stop the graying process and help the natural hair color come back at the root. And you only need to take several pills a day to fix the good, the makers say.

Might this be a cure for my white hair? Hmm. For me, this is the awkward stage. I think white hair is lush on ladies with a full head of it. On me, not so much. Every time I look in the mirror, I threaten to get out my henna box and obliterate my white hairs. Partially because I see more and more of them. In a sea of black hair, my white hairs POP -- and not in a good way.

Don't know if it works. And I have no idea about if it's safe or healhty to take.  It's $29.95 --- more than a box of rinse or a $3 box of henna.

Would you pop a pill to make your gray hair go away?

No comments:

Post a Comment