Thursday, April 4, 2013

Long Hair, Don't Care?

By Tenisha Mercer
www.HairNista.Blogspot.com


Cipriana long natural hair
Cipriana of Urban Bush Babes
Long Hair, Don't Care is a common saying in the natural hair community.

But I think many of us do care, especially when you consider how much time and energy it takes to successfully manage long hair. Sure, certain natural hair bloggers famously manage long manes of hair, like Cipriana or Sera, for example. And much respect to them.

But can I tell you that they have marathon washing and detangling sessions. I look at my own hair and realize how much more tangled it gets now as compared to 3-4 years ago, when I had nary a tangle.

type 4 long natural hair
Sera's hair pinned up


can type 4 grow long natural hair
Sera has lusciously thick long natural hair and her regimen

 


Long natural hair is a preference, but like most choices, it comes with a cost -- longer detangling, using more or different products, day-long wash days, and longer routines in general. Sure, some folks want waist length and even tailbone and hip length hair. But at what point is enough natural hair enough?

I see some folks' long natural hair and regimens and I get tired just thinking about it.

Is there an optimal natural length?

No comments:

Post a Comment