Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Are You Changing Your Regimen For Spring?

Source
For naturals, spring doesn't just mean flowers blooming and warmer weather; it also signals a time for hair regimens to change.

Usually, spring gives way to lighter hair products, as we head into summer.

The cold air of winter is over, and so with it are the heavier butters, creams and conditioners that were mandatory during harsh winter climates. Warmer temps often mean lighter products -- and bye bye for some to glycerine and heavy products.

What I'm Doing For The Spring
I'm not sure yet how my regimen will change for the spring. Though I've been wearing a wash and go for about a week (I haven't had time or energy to blow dry my hair for a dry twist out). I'm
ditching glycerine as a moisturizer because it makes my hair swell in the spring/summer. I'm sticking with Dax, because I'm pretty happy with the results.

I'm also on the hunt for a light, leave-in conditioner. Trader Joe's or Giovanni's maybe?

I had planned on wearing my hair flat ironed all winter, but that plan didn't work out. I only flat ironed my hair maybe 3 times, max. Maybe that's a good thing?

Winter Plans Didn't Work Out
The spring weather definitely will affect my choice of hair styles. In GA, the humidity is no joke. Which means that for me, straight styles are a no-go, especially the hotter it gets. I'm done with fighting against my natural hair -- I'm all with working with it.

My hair instantly poofs if there's even a hint of moisture in the hair. Which equals #fail when it comes to straight styles in the hot, humid Georgia spring and summer. For me, wearing straight hair is unrealistic, because it won't stay straight.That doesn't mean that I won't wear a light blow out, but I'm realistic about my hair will and will not do.

How are you changing your regimen/hair styles this spring? Are you looking forward to different styles this spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment