Saturday, March 10, 2012

Embarrassing Natural Hair Moments


We've all been there: An embarrassing natural hair moment.

I don't know what it is about natural hair, but there seem to be more occurrences of embarrassing moments. At least, for me there have been. I usually think I'm cute, but my hair sometimes thinks otherwise, LOL.

Don't trip... Natural hair is FIERCE. But let's keep it real:  As fierce as it is, it has its moments!

Sure, permed hair was boring *yawn.* But natural hair is so unpredictable -- which makes for those embarrassing moments. Not enough to make me go crawling back in shame to a box of relaxer, but usually enough to make me laugh, shake my head, and not take my hair so seriously.

All of these have happened to me in the past few months:
  • A long SSK dangling for dear life, in my wash and go or twist out
  • Forgetting to take a twist out in the back of my head
  • Product disaster, with a new product flaking or beading up into tiny beady beads in my hair
  • Lint in my hair
  • Walking out the house with collarbone length hair that shrinks to ear length in the rain
Dooh! (in my Homer Simpson voice)

What have been your most embarrassing natural hair moments?

2 comments:

  1. My most embarrasing moment was when I was transitioning. I was about 12 month into my transition. I was at work and worked out on my lunch (30 minutes on the treadmill). So I'm back at my desk working. My friend walks by my desk and asks me what's wrong with my hair. I go to the bathroom and was horrified. I was staring at 2-3 inches of puffy new growth and about 5 inches of permed stringy ends. My braid out was GONE. Chile I went back to my desk, grabbed my purse and hauled tail home. I didn't even stop by my boss's office. I called her on my way home and let her know I was gone for the day. Right then and there I knew I had to make a decision whether to big chop or not. I big chopped 2 months later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! At least your friend told you, @purplgirl48. And at least you can laugh about it now.

    ReplyDelete