Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Kerry Washington on Lucky Magazine Cover -- FAIL!

By Tenisha Mercer
www.HairNista.Blogspot.com

Y'all know I rep #TeamOlivia, err, Kerry Washington. I'm a Gladiator!

I'm glued to the tube, watching Scandal at 10 p.m. on Thursday nights. And I love Washington's classic, feminine yet sexy red carpet ready, always on the money, effortless --  though not styled to death -- looks.

Usually, she gets it right. Every magazine cover or red carpet photo I've seen of her is absolutely flawless. So much so that People Magazine named the 36-year old Emmy-nominated actress the world's "Best-Dressed Woman" in 2013.

So imagine my surprise when I saw Washington on the cover of Lucky Magazine looking a hot, scary mess!

Kerry Washington, Kerry Washington hair, Kerry Washington lips, Kerry Washington Scandal, Scandal actress

Now, I get that even beautiful women don't take good pictures all the time. But did anyone from Kerry's camp not see this? Who approved this cover? They need to be fired, because I don't know who in THE hell thought this was a good idea. Ever.

That whole windswept hair thing? Not working for me.Her pose is awkward as hell and her coloring is just off. Some wonder if she was Photoshopped to death to make her skin appear lighter. I'm no photo expert, I have no idea. I can only say that she looks mad different.

As is to be expected with these types of things, Twitter went aflutter yesterday.

Tweets featured in this article on The Root, which said Washington looked "weird" on the cover, were priceless.








This, HairNistas, is a photo of Washington looking ultra fab that The Root scrounged up. This is how she usually looks. A nice, warm golden brown. Not some weird add pink overtones or whatnot.

Please, Lucky Magazine, rinse and repeat!




What do you think of the photo?

No comments:

Post a Comment