Saturday, March 1, 2014

What will Lupita Wear at the Academy Awards?

By Tenisha Mercer
www.HairNista.Blogspot.com

Oscar nominee Lupita Nyong'o has killed it on the red carpet -- and now everyone is wondering what the Hollywood startlet will wear to the Oscars on Sunday. The 12 Years a Slave Actress has tried on about 100 dresses.

    A photo collage of the colors that Lupita Nyong'o has worn 

Of course, we hope she'll win. Whatever she wears, I'm sure it will be colorful and stunning. Her pre-Oscar regime? Avocado oil on her skin and hair. And she'll reportedly have two stylists who may try something a little different with her hair? I wonder what?

Nyong'o struggles with skin acceptance

Nyong'o recently revealed that she has struggled with her skin complexion. Amazing now considering that her rich skin tone is the main thing that most people talk about when it comes to her beauty. That, and her amazing acting skills, of course.

She told a crowd at Essence Magazine's 7th Annual Women in Hollywood luncheon that when she was younger, she wished her skin was lighter. 

"I got teased and taunted about my skin," Nyong'o said. "My one prayer to God was that I would wake up lighter skinned. The morning would come and I would be so excited about seeing my new skin that I would refuse to look down at myself until I was in front of the mirror because I wanted to see my face first. Every day I would feel the disappointment of being just as dark as the day before."

Beauty in another face

Until she saw Sudanese super model Alek Wek, Nyong'o finaly began to accept her skin color. 

"She was dark as night and was in all the magazines and on runways," Nyong'o said. "My complexion had always been an obstacle to overcome. I couldn't believe that people were embracing a woman who looked so much like me as beautiful. It was perplexing and I wanted to reject it because I had begun to enjoy the seduction of inadequacy. But a flower couldn't help but bloom inside of me."






No comments:

Post a Comment