Sunday, September 25, 2011

How Will You Wear Your Hair This Fall?

The temps have nosedived, the leaves are falling and the chill is in the air.

This week marked the first week of fall. And, with all the changes in the weather comes another big change -- the change in how many of us wear our hair. For naturals, it means a 180-degree turn. It's less humidity -- say yes to "out" styles and blowdry/flat iron for some naturals) -- and a return of heavy moisturizers and also humectants.

But, how will you change your regimen, if at all?

After a record-scorcher summer of mostly 90-degree temps, I'm sooooo ready for a sleek blowout and flat iron. I just want to wear my hair straight for a few weeks. No doubt, I'll miss my curls, but it'll be nice to wear my hair swangin' without it looking like Chaka Khan by the end of the day because it swelled up with humidity.

I probably won't change my moisturizers much. I already use gels and glycerine, but I am looking at incorporating Hawaiin Silky glycerine moisturizer back into my routine and perhaps using up my cupucau butter stash.

I'm also seriously thinking about wigging it for protective styling. I'm a bit tired of my wash and goes, and I've been shedding a lot (at least I think so) lately. I just think I need to give my hair a break for a while.

My La Jay by Vanessa will be my go-to style during the week and I'll take another stab at dry twist outs after two good twist outs this week.

What about you? How will you wear your hair this fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment