Sunday, September 4, 2011

What I'm Lovin' For Fall - 3 Fall Fashion Trends

Ever since I was 12 years old flipping through the pages of Vogue and Harper Bazaar magazines, I have LOVED fashion!

I'd keep up with all the big names in fashion, scrawl my little designs in my notebook, and dream about becoming a fashion designer. That didn't exactly happen. But I became a fierce fashionista in real life, shaking down budget stores like TJ Maxx and Marshalls to garage sales, flea markets and resale stores for fashion finds.

So, with that said, ya know that I'm super excited for fall. It's been a long, hot summer in Atlanta, where I live, and I'm looking forward to wearing some long-sleeved fashions and get a break from all of the hot, sweltering 90-degree weather.

If you want to stay uber stylish for fall, here are a few trends to jump on:

Jewel Tones: Add these to your wardrobe, stat! Jewel tones such as jade and teal are one word -- hot, hot, hot! This is an easy add, one that you can quickly and easily add a few things like accessories. I'm a bargain hunter, so this trend is one that you can do affordably. The best thing, is that if you buy staples or accessories in these color schemes, you can still rock them next year or even the next 10 years from now. And, these colors look great against the deep skin tones of girls of color.



Statement Necklaces: This is a trend that's been bubbling up for a while, but statement necklaces are everywhere for fall. The bolder, the better. Really, I can't think of a better way to take classics suchas the LBD or a black turtleneck, and give it a more mod feel.  If you only have money for just one accessory this fall, this one is it.

Animal Print: Animal prints continue their reign. This is a trend that's not really a trend; it's more of a classic: You can rock animal prints today or 10 years from now. Just be sure not to overdo it. Say it with me: One animal print at a time!



Color Blocking: Combining colors of the same hue on the color wheel -- fuschia with blue, blue with green, yellow with blue -- is a return from the summer, and it's trend that can be easily implemented for fall. Think orange and mustard yellow,  orange and brown or even teal and purple.





Leather, Pleather, baby!: It's back -- the leather skirt. I can't think of something that's more iconic. Leather has gotten a definite upgrade in the past 5 years, as fake leathers now look more "real. So, I guess it was only a matter of time before the trend made its way to skirts.  Only this time, the skirts are more A-line cut for a more retro/mod approach. Buy the leather skirts now and keep them. It's a purchase that you'll wear for years -- guaranteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment