Thursday, September 29, 2011

I Got Wig Checked!

Recently, I've thought about buying a natural wig and strongly considered the La Jay by Vanessa and Creta Girl by Freetress. So, I went to Atlanta Beauty Depot in Smyrna and tried a few on Wednesday. They were sold out of Creta, and I tried on their other natural wigs, but no luck.

La Jay by Vanessa
I wanted big hair, half wig, but natural looking curls and only color highlights.

The attendant was nice enough to let me try on several wigs (I absolutely hate and refuse to  patronize some beauty supply stores that limit customers to try on three wigs or so at a time). That's like going to Marshall's or TJ Maxx and only allowed to try on three items!

One wig was a honey blond -- hated it. OK for highlights, but it just had too much going on. Another wig looked too fake and wiggy looking.

While she was helping me try one on, she said:

Her: "You're wearing a wig now, right?"
Me:  "No, this is my hair."
The wig I tried on matched my curl pattern somewhat.
Her: "Why do you want to wear a wig?"
Me: "I want to protect my hair, and I want my curls to hang shoulder length. My  hair only hangs that way when it's flat ironed. Otherwise, my curls shrink up."

I wasn't offended, because she just asked a question. But I couldn't help thinking: I've been weave checked before, but hardly ever wig checked! LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment