Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Look at What I Bought During My Latest Thrift Store Haul!

If you read my thrift store post last week, you know that I absolutely love and adore thrifting.

So, HairNistas, I wanted to give you a sneak peak into some recent finds that I grabbed while thrifting over the weekend. These days, I try to mainly scope out vintage finds and, of course, name brands. I refuse to pay for vintage goods when I know the very same "vintage inspired" goods are available for a fraction of the cost at a resale store.

Leather pants: I found a fab pair of black leather pants, circa 1980s/90s. These a a little roomy and  size up for me, but they're in GREAT condition. At $4.95, I just couldn't resist this vintage find. I'd love to have these trimmed down a bit (pencil pants, no?) and maybe taken it a bit at the waist.

Vintage Leather pants from Goodwill in Norcross, GA
Blouse: The color is what first attracted  me to this blouse. I love, love, love bright colors; they pop against my chocolate skin tone, especially this bright, brilliant, almost neon purple. The cut of this blouse also drew me in. High collar blouses with bows are all the rage this season and, while this isn't quite that look, it's close enough with the high collar and ruffle down the sides. And I plan to pair it with this bright blue belt. Still haven't found the high-collared blouse with the bow, but I know it's out there and this will suffice -- for now!

Vintage blouse from Goodwill
Shoes:  After one too many trips of returning home empty-handed after shopping at the Goodwill closest to my home, I had virtually given up on finding anything at that particular store. That is, until I stumbled upon these FAB shoes from FRYE! Note: They have the chunky, wooden heel that is so on point for shoes this season. These will go down in the vintage haul find of the decade, because The Frye Company heels retail for more than $200 and I only paid $5 bucks!

Shoes from The Frye Company from Goodwill in Cumming, GA
Still on the hunt for a pair of pony leopard heels (spotted a decent Guess pair of peep-toes, but they were two sizes too big), teal, fuschia, blue and mustard yellow cardis and shirts to color block, and blouses with bows.

In a future post, I plan to show you how I'm wearing my thrift finds -- complete with accessories.

What have you found at the thrift store lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment