Wednesday, December 28, 2011

London Style

Green Waterfall Jersey Dress, £25, Dorothy Perkins via InStyle.Co.UK
There's just something about London-style that I love.

Maybe it's the fact that their fashions are quirky and different. 

Maybe it's the fact that, because it's overseas, that their fashion just speaks to me.

Or, maybe it's the fact that they give the finger to U.S. styles, preferring to beat to their own drum.

It's different enough that I just love it. I luv, luv, luv shops like like Asos, Zara and Topshop.

Sure, there are some designers that we share on both "sides of the pond," but then they've got their own, like House of Holland, for example. I got a chance to catch up with my European fashionistas over the weekend when looking through InStyle's UK edition.

Was amazed by how different, yet how chic, their styles are. For one, they call low-cost, yet stylish brands "high street." Think H&M and Target. And, I was suprised by their trends: They are big on Peter Pan collars. Who knew? And will and how fast will that trend get here, because I'm still having flashbacks from those peter pan collars I wore from 6th-8th grade Catholic school.

What do you think of London style?

No comments:

Post a Comment