Friday, December 30, 2011

What Will You Do in 2012?

2011 is almost an afterthought.

And, in that spirit, I thought we'd reminisce about the things we did in 2011 and our goals for the coming year. Some of these goals came about from good old fashioned experience (the best teacher), while others are new on the to-do list for the year.

I'm a big believer in writing what I want down, so the same rule applies with hair.

Goal: To wear my hair stretched more
Wearing curly hair is a lovely thing. What's not so lovely, though, are the massive tangles and mid-hair shaft knots I get whenever I wear it curly with gel -- especially in the crown -- for a long period of time.



My crown has suffered major trauma as a result. I'm not sure how to remedy that, with the exception of more stretched hair via blowouts, twist outs etc. On a good note, I finally got twist outs and flat twists right this year, though they are still hit-or-miss styles for me.

Goal: Henna
I used to be a henna head, but haven't touched the stuff in more than a year. Just haven't felt like dealing with the mess. But I need to get over that ish, real quick. When I think about my hair when I wore it, I had fewer problems with tangled hair. Perhaps because of the protein? Maybe it's time to revisit it.


Source


Goal: Growth
I'm not the obsessesed with growth type; I don't slap weird ish -- whale sperms, Monistat, Nizoral and anything else weird that pops up every so often on blogs and hairforums -- on my hair. I've always thought my hair grows relatively fast and, I even had some noticeable growth spurts this year.

For the record, the only thing I use is Chlorella (not for hair growth per se, but these pills keep my eczema in check). But, I do want to see what kind of lengths I can achieve this year. I've lost a little bit on the sides due to tangles, so let's see what happens on this length journey in 2012!

Goal: HairNista.com
This has nothing to do with hair, but I think it's just as important. In October, I launched HairNista.com. I've been pleasantly pleased, though there have been plenty of times I've wondered: 'Am I talking to only myself?'  Not a whole, whole lot of feedback.

Happened to see some stats for HairNista.com and I saw that it's gone international: After the U.S., Russia was the country with the most site visits (are there a lot of naturals in Russia? Who knew!), followed by the U.K, Germany, Canada, Latvia and finally, Denmark.

I've still got a lot of work to do on HairNista, but this kind of traffic has me grinning from ear to ear. So, my plans are to increase posting -- up from the 3 times a week I now post, and add more videos, product reviews, and more about the products I use.

Overall, though, I want to make HairNista more of a community for those who love hair and fashion, as well as add more fashion posts and vids/photos of my fashion.

There, I'm done with my goals. Let's do a mid-year check in about 4 month to see where I'm at, and then tweak as necessary. How about you? What are your goals for 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment