I don't usually pay much attention to what supermodels wear -- half of what they wear on the runway isn't for your average chick, nor do we share the same body proportions or clothing budgets. But, I can take fashion advice from just about anyone, including supermodels.
Here a few budget-saving fashion tips from a recent Good Morning America episode on Secrets of the Supermodels: How to Look Your Best from model Crystal Renn.
Crystal's Style Tips
1. Buy at least one classic designer bag. You don't have to own Louis Vuitton, Prada, Fendi and Gucci. Just own one that's classic and timeless -- and wear the hell out of it!
|A Chanel bag will set you back some money, but you can't beat it for a classic bag. Whether it's now or 20 years from now, it will always be in style.|
2. Find the perfect blazer for your body. There's nothing more versatile than a blazer, IMO. You can dress them down with a pair of jeans or dress them up with a skirt or a dress. Buying a blazer that's perfectly cut for you, however, lends instant chic to any outfit. Plus, you'll feel good! Try on a few blazers in various lengths and styles to find your perfect fit. When you find it, stick to it!
|A classic black blazer is always in style|
3. Make your legs look longer by wearing long pants (you know, those pants that are too long to wear with flats but just right for a 4-6-inch heel). Wearing that combo will make your legs look mile-long, especially if both pants/shoes are in the same color scheme.
|Long pants with a heel make your legs look longer|
4. Go for men's clothing. It's OK to shop men's clothing if you are a woman. Men's shirts are very classic and chic, and often fit better than women's shirts. Men's jackets are also another great option. Find out the size that you wear in men's clothing and invest in a good tailor.
|Raid the men's section for good bargains|
5. Accessorize! Nothing perks up an outfit more than accessories. Make them interesting and quirky -- an unusual necklace, a vintage ring or a antique brooch. While black is basic, adding or layering accessories with it kicks it up a notch and makes a statement.
|You can't go wrong with the accessories collection at Tarjay!|
How do you save money on fashion?