Monday, January 7, 2013

Straight Hair Revisited

By Tenisha Mercer

Got my natural hair straightened over the weekend at the Dominican salon.

The stylist chided me in broken English for not coming back for two months, but #aintnobodygottimeforthat! My  hair can handle heat, but since so much heat is used at the Dominican salon during the blowout process (even though they do use roller sets to cut down on damage) I can't see it as  a good thing to get my hair straightened with all of that heat every few weeks.


I purposely waited so long (wearing my hair straight for the majority of that time) and then curly for about a month (my hair had no problem going back to curly). My hair still got tangled while curly (not sure what and the hell is going on with that) but I'm glad that I've resolved to get  my hair straightened more this year -- at least until it gets hot.

I really need a natural stylist to help me explore products and techniques for twist outs/braid outs. I really want to get a consultation and then get it professionally twisted out. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Searching for a natural stylist in ATL right now.

Anywho, here's a few pics of my growth.



Straightened hair in October

Straightened hair in January






 

No comments:

Post a Comment