Tuesday, January 24, 2012

On Trend: Bright Suits


In a fashion move that's eerily reminiscent of the bright color trend circa 1990s, bright colored suits are back again.

Umm... been there, done that. Tracy Ellis Ross rocks it here in this modified silk-like suit. This is doable, and it's something I'd wear, though perhaps a nude or leopard shoe or bag. Too much red for me.

Neon colors? Hell, no!

Why I Hate Black, Blue and Gray Suits
Not a big fan of black suits, gray and navy suits. They're so, so blah. I know they may be requirements in certain industries, but those colors are so devoid of color and leave me feeling so lifeless.

I need color in my life. When I do wear a suit -- I'm more of a dress girl -- I have to either wear a bright top, accessories or something that make me feel like I'm not going to a funeral.

Would you wear a bright color suit? Or is just too much?

4 comments:

  1. I would wear the following colors: red, white, and the right color green (no neon, lime, or sherberty, maybe a dark green but that's really pushing it.

    I know what you mean about the black and grey suits, they can be a yawn. But I did see on the State of the Union Address the other night, a woman wearing a dark grey pants suit with a dark green blouse underneath. It really caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @purplgirl48, that gray and green (emerald, maybe?) sounds hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @purplgirl48, I bet! That pop of color makes a big difference.

    ReplyDelete