Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Online Natural Hair Spoof


Online video spoofs are all the rage ... from Awkward Black Girl about the adventures of an awkward Black girl's work and social foibles to the funny as hell, yet socio-political with heavy doses of satire and comedy, Sh*t White Girls Say to Black Girls and the to-die for Black & Sexy TV about a guy's celibate adventures.

So you knew it was only a matter of time before naturals joined in, as I saw on CurlyNikki.com. Check out this vid from @CharJay, Sh*t Relaxed Girls Say to Natural Girls.





I think I about died when she said,"Oh, you don't wanna wear a hat! Well, how about a comb, because you need to do something with that head!"

Can you say H-I-L-A-R! That's what makes these online parodies so damn funny. There are bits of "truth" in all of them, because you know naturals have heard all of the lines mentioned in this vid before:

"What you put in your hair to make it so curly?"
"Is that a texturizer?"
"My husband would leave me if I went natural. He love my straight hair."
"Girl, you look like you came straight out of the 70s with that afro."
"India Arie"
"What is the name of that wig?"
"Who you trying to look like, Erykah Badu?"
"I know you are going to straighten your hair for the interview!"

Gather a few naturals in a room and I can bet we've heard variations of all of these lines, from well-meaning friends worried that we'll never date, marry or find a man because of our natural hair,  to your well intentioned, but hair struck, tell it like it T-I-S grandmother, to people clowning on your natural hair (yes, it happens).

We are so extra and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment